What will you wish for this holiday season?
Watch video from 2009’s Wish List Giveaway!
2010 WISH LIST GIVEAWAY OFFICIAL RULES:
- ELIGIBILTY: The Daily Journal’s Wish List Giveaway (“Contest”) is open to all Illinois and Indiana residents. Employees, agents, independent contractors of The Daily Journal (“Sponsor”) and their immediate family members and individuals residing in the same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate in this Contest. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules.
- HOW TO ENTER:
- No purchase necessary.
- Entrants may submit entry forms with prizes already listed by Sponsor or a prize list customized by the entrant. Customized lists must contain items that have in The Daily Journal newspaper ads. Items listed on the entry form must total a minimum of $900 and not exceed $1,000 (pre-sales tax) in order to qualify.
- Entrants may submit an unlimited number of entry forms, but only original official Contest entry forms will be accepted. Mechanically reproduced entries or faxes will not be honored. Contest entry forms are available inside The Daily Journal and at The Daily Journal office located at 8 Dearborn Square, Kankakee, Ill. Limit one entry form per visit.
- Entry forms must be complete and can be mailed to: The Daily Journal, c/o Wish List Giveaway, 1180 N. Convent St., Bourbonnais, IL 60914 or dropped off at any of The Daily Journal offices.
- Entry forms have no cash value and are not redeemable.
- ENTRY DEADLINE: All entries must be received by 4:00 p.m. CST, Monday, December 13, 2010, to be included in Contest.
- WINNERS/PRIZES: Limit one winner per household. Three (3) winners will be randomly selected from all qualifying entries. The first winner drawn will receive the grand prize of all items listed on their entry from. The Daily Journal reserves the right to substitute a prize item of equal or lesser value if the awarded prize is unavailable for any reason. Value of all items on the grand prize winning entry will not exceed $1,000.00 (pre-sales tax). If total value of items after sales tax equal less than $1,000, but more than the qualifying minimum of $900, winner will receive the difference in cash. Second winning entry drawn will receive $300.00 cash and third winning entry drawn will receive $150.00 cash. Winners will be notified by phone on or before Wednesday, December 15, 2010. Upon notification, arrangements for prize delivery on Thursday, December 16, 2010, will be made.
All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winners. Grand-prize winner will receive an IRS form 1099 for completion and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS. Any additional costs relating to the prizes, and incurred as a result of accepting the prizes, is the sole responsibility of the winner. All manufacturer warranties and retailer policies regarding prize items apply. Sponsor is not responsible for defects or dissatisfaction pertaining to prize items and has no obligation to reimburse, refund or otherwise substitute a prize item once prizes have been accepted.
Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and promotion without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: To participate in this Contest, entrants are asked to provide personally identifiable information (i.e., his/her name, address, city, phone, age, etc.) All the information collected by Sponsor is securely maintained and is for the purpose of conducting this Contest or to extend other offers and service of Sponsor. Sponsor currently does not disclose to third parties personally identifiable information that Contest entrants provide.
- LIABILITY LIMITATION: Sponsor will not be responsible for illegible entry forms or those that are late, lost, stolen or damaged in any way. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify, or terminate the Contest, and select winners from entries prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by the Sponsor. All federal, state and local laws apply. Sponsor and its officers, insurers, and employees assume no responsibility or liability whatsoever for damages, loss or injury resulting from participating in this Contest or acceptance of prize.
- SPONSOR: Kankakee Daily Journal Company, L.L.C.; 8 Dearborn Square, Kankakee, IL 60901.